[Xastir] Bulleting Popup

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Aug 5 19:01:53 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Tom Robson wrote:

> > Case #2:
> > You then set it for some other range, lets say 100km.  Now if a
> > bulletin comes in at or past that range that you haven't received
> > before, the dialog pops up.
>
> The bulletin box popped up but with no dialog when the range was reduced
> below were the bulletins were originating. (kb7wuk)

Difference in terminology here.  A dialog is the same as a window
for the purposes of this discussion.

You're saying that the dialog popped up with no text in it.  This
can happen if you receive a _new_ bulletin and then a posit very
close afterward, so close that the posit comes in before the dialog
can finish drawing.

> Not connected directly to internet feed, just thru an igate.
> I have had a posit for this station for some time.
>
> > Case #3:
> > You have a posit already for a station and it is outside of your
> > range.  That station sends out a bulletin.  The dialog will _not_
> > pop up.
>
> The box did pop up without any dialog

You're saying the dialog popped up without any text.  Are you sure
it's from a station that you already have a posit from?  Are you
checking the log to make sure of this?  Are you verifying that you
have a position for the station before the bulletin comes in or
after?

I haven't seen a case where a new bulletin for a known-distance
station (known _before_ the bulletin comes in) causes the dialog to
appear.

I've seen lots of cases where the dialog keeps coming up either
blank or with already-received bulletins in it when I first hook up
to an internet feed.  In that case you'll get a lot of bulletins for
stations that you have unknown positions for, then you'll get a
posit shortly after the bulletin, taking it out of range.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin