[Xastir] Bulleting Popup

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Fri Aug 2 16:46:07 EDT 2002

> Yea.  Here's the way it _really_ works:
>
> Case #1:
> You set it to zero.  The bulletin dialog pops up for each _new_
> bulletin that comes in.  If a bulletin comes in that you already
> received, the bulletin will not pop up.

OK, but can't confirm but looks fine.

> Case #2:
> You then set it for some other range, lets say 100km.  Now if a
> bulletin comes in at or past that range that you haven't received
> before, the dialog pops up.

The bulletin box popped up but with no dialog when the range was reduced
below were the bulletins were originating. (kb7wuk)

> If a bulletin comes in that you haven't received before, and you have
> no posit yet for that station (distance is zero as far as Xastir is
> concerned), the dialog also pops up.  If you receive a posit for this
> station later (perhaps right after the bulletin), then the dialog
> will not show this new bulletin in the dialog.  It'll appear that the
> dialog popped up for no reason.  This scenario appears to happen
> often when you first hook up to internet feeds.  You'll get a
> bulletin and then the posit for a station, so that by the time the
> dialog pops up it's empty, or it appears to at least have nothing
> new in it from the last time you viewed it.

Not connected directly to internet feed, just thru an igate.
I have had a posit for this station for some time.

> Case #3:
> You have a posit already for a station and it is outside of your
> range.  That station sends out a bulletin.  The dialog will _not_
> pop up.

The box did pop up without any dialog

I hope I'm not giving you the run-a-round..... I'll set the range to
something  below and watch again in the future.

...73  Tom