Fwd: Re: [Xastir] Bulletin Popup

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Thu Aug 8 00:15:20 EDT 2002

Subject: Re: [Xastir] Bulletin Popup
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:03:53 -0700
From: Tom Robson <ve7did at dccnet.com>
To: "Curt Mills, WE7U" <hacker at tc.fluke.com>
Cc: Xastir <Xastir at krypton.hscs.virginia.edu>

> You're saying that the dialog popped up with no text in it.  This
> can happen if you receive a _new_ bulletin and then a posit very
> close afterward, so close that the posit comes in before the dialog
> can finish drawing.

As far as I can figure, the posit from the station sending the bulletin has
been in my system for some time and the posit has not changed. (Checked the
log for the last 4 days, but probably not long enough).

> You're saying the dialog popped up without any text.  Are you sure
> it's from a station that you already have a posit from?  Are you
> checking the log to make sure of this?  Are you verifying that you
> have a position for the station before the bulletin comes in or
> after?

I checked before and after the last dialog popped up, although I did not have
logging on.  Just checked the view stations and that station has sent plenty
of posits.

I don't see any time stamping in the logs.. Am I missing something?

N7WGR>APW251,VE7VAN-3*,WIDE3-1::BLNB     :Email n7wgr at arrl.net for info.{001

In the case above (I assume it is a bulletin... BLN), the dialog did not pop
up, so it works as advertised,  it only seems to be the bulletins for KB7WUK
for some reason or other.

We get few bulletins here when not connected to the net.

I'll keep an eye on it for a while and let the log file get humungous...

Thx for your help.  Tom