Fwd: Re: [Xastir] Bulletin Popup

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Aug 8 12:07:52 EDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Tom Robson wrote:

> I don't see any time stamping in the logs.. Am I missing something?
>
> N7WGR>APW251,VE7VAN-3*,WIDE3-1::BLNB     :Email n7wgr at arrl.net for info.{001

Yea, there's not timestamping on individual lines.  The timestamps
are once per 30 seconds and look like this:

# 001547

That equates to 00:15:47 (early in the morning).  I didn't put the
date in there as I'm rolling over my log files every night, so I
already know the date for the file.

People have requested a full date/time stamp on each packet, but
that would increase the size of the log files quite a bit.  I'd also
have to tweak the "read in a logfile" routines to ignore that part
of the line, or else put the timestamp just above each line in a
comment.  The latter would be easiest.

I could add the date and appropriate separators to the current
timestamp if you'd like.  That'd only take a few seconds to code.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin