[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Changes to Igating: Igate Queues

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Aug 9 18:09:23 EDT 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> I've been real tempted to go back to having aprsd do my I-gate chores.

Over time we'll get more input from people using Xastir as an igate
and will get the little bugs worked out.  Feel free to switch back.

> IGUP beacon from N7XUC: It's not getting out. Not sure why. I know my
> server (which xastir is hooked up to) gets it, but I'm not getting 'em
> on the air. Considering the coverage area, well - there are a lot of
> antelope and even an APRS user here and there that would like to know if
> they have I-gate access. Me for one when I'm "out there".

One of these years I'll make it to your fine state again with bow
in hand and can take care of some of the pronghorn problems for you.

What's an IGUP beacon?

As far as I know we only igate messages and NWS broadcasts.  Other
bulletins/posits don't go out over RF unless you specifically enable
them by adding them to the nws-stations.txt file.  I'm not even sure
how general the nws-stations.txt file is, and whether you can do
most/all of these types of things with it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin