Fwd: Re: [Xastir] Bulletin Popup

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Aug 19 14:20:20 EDT 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> I could add in a bit of code that prints to STDOUT the callsign that
> causes a bulletin popup and the distance to that station.  That would
> answer the question once and for all.  If we still have bugs in that
> part of our code, you'll be able to tell me quickly.

There's already a bit of debug code in there for this specific
purpose.  Uncomment lines 987 and 988 of db.c and recompile /
reinstall.  Xastir will then print info about what caused the popup
to the xterm.  Here's what the lines look like:

    printf("%05d:%9s:%c:%c:%9s:%s:%s\n",
        distance, call_sign, type, from, from_call, data, seq);

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin