Fwd: Re: [Xastir] Bulletin Popup

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Aug 19 12:55:52 EDT 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Tom Robson wrote:

> Curt:  Hate to be a nuisance, but I'm still getting these bulletin pop ups
> with no text when the station is outside my range when I_DO_HAVE posits from
> the station which is outside my range setting.  When I go and put the range
> back to zero, I see the text.

A few more questions and I'll (probably) stop:

Are you connected to internet feeds as well during this time?  These
are the times that I get this sort of operation.  Looking at the
logs, it is usually a bulletin from a newly-logged on station (or a
queued internet feed I just hooked to), for which I don't have a
position yet.

Please:
1) Log all interfaces during this time.
2) Shut everything down after it happens.
3) Verify from the logs which bulletins caused the popups (check
both tnc.log and net.log if you have both interfaces going when it
happens).
4) Send me excerpts fom the logs with a note stating what
happened/when/why.

I could add in a bit of code that prints to STDOUT the callsign that
causes a bulletin popup and the distance to that station.  That would
answer the question once and for all.  If we still have bugs in that
part of our code, you'll be able to tell me quickly.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin