[Xastir] xastir + kernel ax25 + suse

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Aug 21 12:33:17 EDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:

> is anybody using xastir + kernel ax25 + suse?

I _was_ using this at home with SuSE 7.1 and earlier.  I ran into
problems when I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.3:  I couldn't get the TNC to
transmit anymore.  I switched to the new serial KISS TNC port and it
has been working great (except that I can't bring up multiple
programs against the same TNC now like I could with the AX.25 port).

I've been meaning to get back in there and set up AX.25 on the
newest install I did (fresh install due to a failing hard drive),
but haven't done so yet.  It'll probably be a while before I get
around to that.

> I have xastir running very well , but trying compile with ax25 support is not
> possible.
> Where xastir looks for ax25 libraries?

Did you add the AX.25 stuff after you configured Xastir once?  Which
version of SuSE and which version of Xastir are you trying?

I'd suggest using the latest development release or the CVS version.

If you've already run configure once, then added the AX.25 stuff to
Linux, you'll have to do this:

    rm config.cache
    ./configure

That'll cause Xastir to run off and find the AX.25 headers.  If you
don't remove the cache file first it'll just re-use the old value it
had for deciding whether AX.25 was present.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin