[Xastir] screenshot #30

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Sat Aug 24 17:18:29 EDT 2002

Hi Jeffrey,

Read the README.1ST file, under 'First Time Install' - 6)OPTIONAL
section. It talks about installing ImageMakik support which you'll need
for a lot of neat stuff, including NWS radar image support.

Then read (also in README.1ST, "getting data files for xastir" section)
the sub-section titled, ".geo files/online maps & graphics" (just search
for the string in quotes, you'll find it.)

As the README.1ST says, You'll need the Srb_geos.zip archive (has all
the geos files for all the current NWS radar stations), there is also a
copy available at: ftp://12.227.198.57/xastir/Srb_geos.zip as well as
the site refereed in the README.1ST file

Mmm, may just have to try my hand at transcribing the README.1ST into an
online html document...

73

Jeffrey Hodson wrote:

> hi! how can i do the noaa radar map overlay thing as
> seen in screenshot #30 with xastir? using 1.1.3- thanks!

              Casper, WY    |    CARC Repeater
                DN62tt      |      146.940
        "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru
            "RTFM" is NOT a 'four letter' word!