[aprsspec] Unix/Linux APRS Help

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Sun Aug 25 09:13:15 EDT 2002

I am now involved in a major elmer project and need to know about the
capabilities of the version(s) of APRS that work on the above OS's.  I am
posting here because I'm trying to avoid the "stuff" that happens on the APRS
sig.  I'm looking for information...not conflict.

This project requires a Unix/Linux APRS client with the ability to do the
following:

o Turn *off* ALTNET function (no matter what is in the to-call, the
  posit plots)
o Support both [GR##ID]-in-comment and >GG##ggOI-in-status formats
o Support for the RFONLY alias.  This alias is correctly implemented with
  the following personality:
  RFONLY anywhere in the TOCALL will cause any IGATE to *not* pass the frame
  to the Internet stream.
o Easily import custom maps

Secondary Need (but not a deal-killer):
o Ability to ALTNET based on display icon, rather than TOCALL.  Something
  like a BUDLIST/SUPLIST based on icon.

Any input as to title to suggest would be great.  Thanks for helping.

Ev, W2EV
--
BEACONet lets you look at the world in ways never before imagined.
http://www.BEACONet.org

---
You are currently subscribed to aprsspec as: kc7zru at arrl.net
Questions regarding the SIG go to the SIG administrator: wa1lou at tapr.org