[Xastir] Manual WX & Kylix 3

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Aug 28 12:16:45 EDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Ian Haver wrote:

> Hi there. I asked this one a year ago.
> Is there going to be any manual entry dialogue box for WX. I dont have
> all the fancy WX hardware but would still like to TX my local WX details.

It's on the feature request list on sourceforge.  There are a lot of
requests on that list though.

> Also is there going to be a slow move over to Kylix3 now that Visual C++
> (Kylix 3) has been launched.

We have nothing to do with C++, Visual C++ or Kylix.  All of the
Xastir sources are written in plain-vanilla C and compiled using the
free GCC compiler.  My feeling is that moving to something like
Kylix would alienate some of the developers and possibly make Xastir
less available to new platforms.  So far GCC has been working very
well for us and has made Xastir available on quite a few platforms.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin