[Xastir] Idea for re-org of map directories

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 1 18:37:51 EDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Curt Mills wrote:

> /100: Base raster maps like geotiff's, raster geo files other than radar.

This scheme appears to work for maps selected from the Map Chooser,
but doesn't work for automaps.  Near as I can tell, automaps does a
recursive search through the map directory but doesn't pay any
attention to sorting the files alphanumerically.  If we can get that
accomplished then automaps should work well, layering the different
maps as it goes.

Here's my latest naming scheme.  Yes, these are really the names of
the subdirectories!

    100_raster_base
    200_vector_filled
    300_raster_overlay
    400_vector_lakes
    500_vector_rivers
    600_vector_rail_misc
    700_vector_roads
    800
    900_vector_overlay
    cdrom -> /cdrom
/usr/local/xastir/GNIS -> maps/900_vector_overlay

The next problem is that the 100-level base maps (like geo's and
geoTIFF's) conflict with the terraserver.geo file.  We normally
would want to load one or the other, but not both.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin