[Xastir] Idea for re-org of map directories

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 2 16:14:06 EDT 2002

On 2 Oct 2002, Brian Heaton wrote:

> 	How about a mechanism to disable any of the listed directories for
> Automaps?  There are times that I want to run automaps, but I don't want
> certain layers popping up.

You can do what I just did for testing purposes:

    chmod 000 directory-name

If anyone can figure out a more direct and easy-to-use manner within
Xastir I'd love to hear about it.  I don't have the brainpower to
devote to it right now.

Sorry, that's all I can do at the moment.  Working on several other
things.  I have a sorted map index working and getting
saved/restored from disk.  Next is to get automaps and Map Chooser
to use the in-memory sorted map index instead of creating their own
each time.

Next is to get Terraserver set up with it's own togglebutton so it
can be included/excluded when using Automaps just like Tigermaps
can.

After these changes, automaps will actually be useful, and TrackMe
mode while mobile might be quite a bit faster.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin