[Xastir] Idea for re-org of map directories

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Oct 3 12:55:58 EDT 2002

On 2 Oct 2002, Brian Heaton wrote:

> 	How about a mechanism to disable any of the listed directories for
> Automaps?  There are times that I want to run automaps, but I don't want
> certain layers popping up.

I wasn't thinking about doing exactly that, but I am thinking about
adding some togglebuttons under the "Enable Auto Maps" button that
would enable/disable the various types of file extensions.

I'm still working on this part of the code.  My local version is
getting faster and faster, but I have to fix a new segfault and some
other small annoyances before I commit it to CVS.  After I get that
done I'll probably add the new buttons.

Does it make sense to have buttons kind'a like this?

    Enable Auto Maps

    ---------Raster-----------
    Auto geoTIFF Maps
    Auto GEO Maps
    Auto Shapefile Filled Maps

    ---------Vector-----------
    Auto Shapefile Vector Maps
    Auto PDB Maps
    Auto DOS/winAPRS Maps
    Auto GNIS Maps

I'd probably leave geoTIFF/GEO/Shapefile Filled maps disabled most
of the time so that only vector maps were being used.  They will
layer on top of each other nicely without obscuring things.  I also
want to separate Terraserver into its own button (instead of having
it as a dummy GEO file) so that I can enable/disable it separately
as the background raster map just like I can for Tigermaps.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin