[Xastir] Maps wont display

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Oct 8 08:19:36 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 02:05:40PM +0200, Øyvind Hanssen wrote:
> It looks very promising, but I can't get it to display maps. I try
> installing the current Debian version and put some maps into
> /usr/share/xastir/maps (gifs with inf files). But xastir does not seem to be
> aware of the maps. I try to open the map chooser windows, and it shows

Does xastir support those maps (UI-View style)? I guess so because it
seems to support everything :-)

> nothing. But the following message is printed at the console:
>
> Couldn't open file: /home/<user>/.xastir/data/sort_maps_db.dat-ptr
> Couldn't open file: /home/<user>/.xastir/data/sort_maps_db.dat

I have seen that happen. Check in your ~/.xastir/config/* files to see
if there are any invalid directories referenced.

I am about to upload 1.1.3.20011001-1 for Debian. It will be in
'unstable' within 24 hours.

Hamish