[Xastir] Maps wont display

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 8 12:30:12 EDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> But does XASTIR support the GIF + INF combination? I tried putting one
> set in my maps directory and nothing happened. But I didn't restart
> Xastir after putting the maps in.

It's supposed to.  I tested that way back when.  It depends on what
your ImageMagick supports.  I've had trouble with some ImageMagick
RPM's that didn't support XPM format (used for printing and screen
captures in Xastir).

Check whether "display" has support for GIF on your system.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin