[Xastir] Tigermap error

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 8 13:18:18 EDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, pd wrote:

> /var/tmp did indeed include a file named "xastir_root_map.gif" which appeared
> to be a map of the area I had in the display window at the time.  That is,
> not a map I already had, but it covered the correwct region.  This would
> suggest that the fetch worked.  wget is there.

Try running at debug level 512.  It might show a few more messages
that might give us a clue.  Look at the permissions on the file in
/var/tmp to see if they were set to 0666 ("rw-rw-rw-").

Try running "display" on the file to see if ImageMagick has support
for that file format.  If "display" can't view the file, the
ImageMagick libraries that Xastir uses won't be able to either.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin