[Xastir] Configure questions

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 13 14:07:59 EDT 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, John Place wrote:

> System running Mandrake 9.0 with shape lib and associated files for
> xastir installed.
> Maps are not displaying and shapelib not showing up in build message.
> Used to work on 8.2.
>
> Below is configure display:
>
> checking for Motif... libraries in default path, headers in default path

Found Motif or Lesstif.

> checking for Xpm... libraries default path, headers default path

Found XPM.

> checking for XpGetDocumentData in -lXp... yes
> checking for XpmWriteFileFromPixmap in -lXpm... yes
> checking for TIFFClose in -ltiff... yes
> checking for GTIFNew in -lgeotiff... no
> checking for pj_init in -lproj... no

Found libtiff, but not libgeotiff or proj.  You won't have geoTIFF
capability until you add those two libraries (in the proper order
as specified in README.1ST).

> checking for Festival Speech Synthesizer Support... no

No Festival.

> checking whether getpgrp takes no argument... (cached) yes
> checking for DBFOpen in -lshp... no

Did not find shapelib.

> checking for Magick-config... yes
> checking for ImageMagick - version >= 5.2.0... yes (5.4.8)

Found ImageMagick.

I'd check whether you installed the include files for the
packages you're missing, and whether the directories are
listed in the /etc/ld.so.conf file.  If not (I think I usually
need to add "/usr/local/lib"), then add the necessary lines
and run ldconfig as specified in the README.1ST file.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer