[Xastir] Xastir and soundmodem?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Oct 21 14:19:07 EDT 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Ole Lundsgaard wrote:

> I hope someone will help me setting up my Xastir using a soundblaster
> 1371 (pci 128).
> I do know that AX25 is the thing but I do not have any experience
> regarding setting up AX25 (was using AEA PK232).
> I would love to be able to use Xastir again. (I'm using Mandrake  9.0).

Check out the "Soundmodem" package.  That is the package that allows
you to set up your sound card as an AX.25 kernel interface.  You'll
need to build a hardware interface of some type in order to activate
the PTT line of your radio.  It's explained on the Soundmodem web
pages.  A google search should find those for you:

Here's one link:

    http://www.afthd.tu-darmstadt.de/~flexnet/dg1scr/ptt.html

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin