[Xastir] Xastir and soundmodem?

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 10:21:20 EDT 2002

On my Solaris machine, the soundmodem program generates a KISS device,
which is now directly supported by XASTIR.  So I just start soundmodem,
and tell xastir that the KISS TNC is on /dev/soundmodem0.

Once you compile the program, I think enabling the KISS stream is one of
the options under the soundmodemconfig program.  (it's default enabled
ON  for me, but I don't know linux yet)

Very neat and tidy.

Good luck.
Dick Reichenbach - KC8OBZ