[Xastir] XASTIR install?????

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sun Oct 27 13:43:28 EST 2002

The 1.1.0-i386-1.tgz looks like it is a precompiled version.  That may
or may not work.  I would suggest you get one of the later snapshots of
1.1.3.  Put it in your home directory and type:

tar xvzf <filename>.tar.gz

This is equivalent to using gzip -d and then tar xvf.  gzipped files
are not the same as zipped files.  There are several incompatible
compression methods used in Linux.

Then you cd and do the configure step.  As I mentioned, take a look at
README.1ST, which will be in the xastir directory.

Bob

Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy at n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA
IOTA NA-065, USI WA-028S