[Xastir] XASTIR install?????

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 28 10:02:07 EST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Go into the directory where you stored the xastir files.  While this
> isn't necessarily always the same, in my case, it's
> '/home/gerry/xastir/' which helps me keep track of it.

Please note that for the very last development release (last week) I
changed the directory from xastir to xastir113-"date".tgz, where the
date is the date of the file release.  I wrote a script that performs
all of the activities necessary for a release up to and including
uploading it to SourceForge.

This just means that the directory will no longer be "xastir" that
is created when you open an archive, but will be something like
"xastir113-2002Oct24".  I noticed that most of the other packages
change the directory name in this manner so that you can keep
multiple versions of each around easily.

> Feel free to drop me e-mail directly with questions, or look for n5jxs
> on AIM (that's 'gaim' in Linux).

Ohhhh... You're asking for it now!!!  You'll get added to my list
sometime soon.  As soon as I figure out which multi-protocol program
actually works well.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer