[Xastir] Compile problem...

Josh Proehl jmproehl at nwlink.com
Wed Sep 4 18:58:00 EDT 2002

Having a bit of a problem compiling the latest CVS version.
This is the output of "make":

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/joshie/usefull_Software/xastir'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/joshie/usefull_Software/xastir/src'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -I/usr/X11R6/include -g -O2 -Wall -pthread
-pipe -c alert.c
alert.c:319: Xm/XmAll.h: No such file or directory
In file included from alert.h:29,
                 from alert.c:321:
db.h:128: parse error before `w'
db.h:403: parse error before `w'
db.h:421: parse error before `w'
db.h:422: parse error before `w'
db.h:423: parse error before `w'
db.h:454: parse error before `w'
db.h:455: parse error before `w'
db.h:467: parse error before `w'
make[2]: *** [alert.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/joshie/usefull_Software/xastir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/joshie/usefull_Software/xastir'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I got very similar results from the two latest tar archives from sourceforge. the Xm/XmAll.h part was the common error.

I'm running Debian, testing branch. (Which, BTW only has xastir 1.0.0-2 in the tree, which sucks.)

It seems the problem probably has something to do with LessTif. Yes, the latest version (0.93.18-5) is installed. Perhaps the headers aren't, or something. Any clue on what I need to do in my particular distribution? Any help is appreciated.

----
Josh
KC7FZN