[Xastir] Compile problem...

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Thu Sep 5 02:23:16 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:22:58PM -0700, Josh Proehl wrote:
> Well it turned out that I did something stupid, and didn't delete the
> config.cache file. Deleting that, and re-running ./configure solved
> the problem. It compiled happily after that. (I also uninstalled
> openmotif (and -dev) and reinstalled lesstif-dev.)

Actually libmotif and lesstif1 don't clash.  The libmotif-dev package
shows a conflict with lesstif-dev, however.

> Now it just won't run. lol
> This is what it crashes with:

> Error opening symbol file /usr/share/xastir/symbols/symbols.dat
> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x0
>   Serial number of failed request:  3189

No idea; that's one I haven't ever seen.

> Also, how can I get imagemagick support? I have the imagemagick
> package installed, but ./configure doesn't seem to see what it wants
> in order to compile support in.

You need both libmagick5 (provided as a depends when you install
imagemagick) and libmagick5-dev.

In general, whenever you self-compile something the -dev libraries are
required.

> Boy I miss having a current version in the debian tree. apt-get
> install is *SO* much nicer. :-) It's made me lazy.

Me too.  I don't even compile my kernels anymore :^)

Bob, N7XY