[Xastir] Compile problem...

Josh Proehl jmproehl at nwlink.com
Thu Sep 5 01:22:58 EDT 2002

Well it turned out that I did something stupid, and didn't delete the config.cache file. Deleting that, and re-running ./configure solved the problem. It compiled happily after that. (I also uninstalled openmotif (and -dev) and reinstalled lesstif-dev.)

Now it just won't run. lol
This is what it crashes with:

Error opening symbol file /usr/share/xastir/symbols/symbols.dat
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  3189

Also, how can I get imagemagick support? I have the imagemagick package installed, but ./configure doesn't seem to see what it wants in order to compile support in.

Boy I miss having a current version in the debian tree. apt-get install is *SO* much nicer. :-) It's made me lazy.

----
Josh