[Xastir] GeoTiff Question

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Mon Sep 16 20:36:24 EDT 2002

Trying to install GeoTiff and followed all the instructions in the README.1st
and everything seems to have compiled ok.  Applied the patch of geo_trans for
the libgeotiff.  Libraries seem to agree with the docs and the directories
(as stated) have lots of files in them although do not know what to expect.
Got the following warning on the libgeotiff configure.  Good Bad ??

checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... (cached) yes
checking for tiffiop.h... (cached) no
configure: warning: Using local copy of libtiff private include files.
configure: warning: It would be safer to install libtiff private include
configure: warning: files with the install-private target of libtiff, or
configure: warning: use --with-libtiff when configuring libgeotiff to build
configure: warning: against a libtiff build tree.
checking for pj_init in -lproj... (cached) yes
checking for projects.h... (cached) yes
EPSG tables will be read from .csv files.

This is the partial result to the xastir configure.

checking for TIFFClose in -ltiff... no
checking for GTIFNew in -lgeotiff... yes
checking for pj_init in -lproj... yes

Everthing else seems to work as advertised...  shapefiles. festival etc.

Using Slack 2.2.19 and cvs is up to date.
running as root...  I know I know I know.....

Probably something simple, but I'm baffled...
Any help would be appreciated.

..73 Tom