[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-dev] New Stuff

Gerry Wheeler gwheeler at vmguys.com
Thu Sep 19 16:36:17 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 12:25, Curt Mills wrote:
> Any comments on the map index stuff?

Doesn't seem to make much difference, in my case. But I use a minimum
number of maps, so there wasn't much data to look through anyway.

> The "TrackMe" stuff?

Took me a minute to realize where it was. :-) Looks like a good feature.
Haven't used it yet. I don't often run mobile (I have a TinyTrak for
that.) (I have a project on the go, though, that might change that. I'm
hacking an I-Opener to use as a mobile computer, and it might run Xastir
at some point.)

> I changed the name of "winmaps.sys" to "selected_maps.sys".  If you
> delete the line containing "winmaps.sys" from your "xastir.cnf" file
> or start Xastir up with no config file, it'll create the new
> filename.  Something about having "win" in the filename always
> bugged me.  ;-)

But the name of the option within the xastir.cnf file that uses that
file is still WIN_MAP_DATA! :-) There's also a WIN_MAP_DIR option.

--
Gerry Wheeler      KG4NBB
VM Systems, Inc.   +1 941 596 2480 x24
Naples, FL 34109   gwheeler at vmguys.com