[Xastir] problem messaging

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri Sep 20 08:40:41 EDT 2002

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, J. Lance Cotton wrote:
>

>>I can't get Xastir to actually send the message. Transmitting is enabled
>>on all interfaces. I enter a msg path of WIDE2-2 and send the message,
>>but nothing ever gets transmitted out of the TNC. nor does anything get
>>sent to APRS-IS via my two connections to it.
>>
>>Is this some weird thing I am overlooking maybe? Can anyone else send
>>msgs with the latest cvs of Xastir.
>

> Did you check whether you disabled all transmitting on the main
> Interfaces menu as well?
>
> I also had trouble with an AX.25 interface on SuSE 7.3 with it not
> transmitting.  I switched to a serial TNC or a KISS TNC interface and
> it transmitted just fine.

There was no transmitting disabled. I tx my position fine on RF. I am
not sure I understand the "PATH" field in the msg window. This is for
the unproto path of the packet(s) that hold the message, right? So
something like WIDE2-2 seems reasonable.

I really want to isolate the cause of my problem, since it seems to be
mine only. I don't have time this morning, but sometime I will isolate it.

Thanks anyway.

73, KJ5O
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Apple decided to charge money for my mac.com address so:
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat
the cookies.