[Xastir-dev] Re: [Xastir] Menu Change, Solaris 8

Chris Bell cbell at junknet.com
Sun Sep 22 17:14:11 EDT 2002

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Dick Reichenbach wrote:
>
> > A while back the menu items changed from being black to white.
>
> What's "A while back" mean?  Weeks?  Months?

At least months for me.  I didn't think much of it...

> > The text in the pop up boxes is still black.
> >
> > Again, I'm running Solaris 8 on Sparc.  Sun supplied Motif.  Shapelib,
> > and ImageMagick libraries compiled in.  Removing Shapelib and
> > ImageMagick and recompiling didn't fix the problem.
>
> I can't test on Solaris 8.  There should be one or two others that
> can though.  Anyone else having troubles with Xastir on Solaris 8?
> Chris?

Yes... Solaris 7 also.

It seems to be a display/xserver related issue.  If I display from my
linux/intel laptop to my sparc/solaris screen the text is white, but
locally on the laptop it is black.  Very odd.  I tried playing with
the slew of Xresources I have set, and it doesn't make any
difference.  I don't have a head on my linux/sparc system, but running
from there shows the same symptoms.  Running on solaris, and
displaying on the laptop works as intended.

I will look into this further, but is it a real problem, or just a
strange quirk?  What is your background color, is it grey like it
should be?

Hmm... just tried the install-colormap option (-i) and it is really
different... the text foreground is the same grey as the
background... oops.  Popup windows (like config->station) are fine,
black text on grey background.  I will look into it, definate bug,
looks like something is not initialized right.
(so Curt: it changed sometime after my patches for private
colormaps... hi hi)

Chris.