[Xastir] Xastir on multibands

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 29 18:41:49 EDT 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, John D. Hays wrote:

> Can't the router functionality be done in the AX25 package on Linux?  I
> think what we may want is APRS message forwarding (e.g. If xastir "knows"
> that K7DST is on port ax5 then it will forward messages to that port).

Message forwarding would be the first order of business.  Xastir
already has code in there for keeping track of which interface a
particular station was last heard on.  We just need to extend that
so that more information is kept.  Right now it is just NET or
RF.  We need a flag per port.  This is a relatively simple change.

The next order of business might be to support selective one-way
or two-way gating of other packets, like posits.  This could be used
to support a satellite-gateway or alternate APRS frequency (like for
ballooning?).

I'm interested in what people might come up with for applications,
and what kind of control/support we might need to add to Xastir to
accomplish it.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer