[Xastir] Xastir on multibands

John D. Hays john at hays.org
Sun Sep 29 19:56:27 EDT 2002

You are right ... I guess I was thinking about intelligent AX25 digipeating.
As far as a next generation network, that's why we have IP ... we have the
IPv4 44.xx.xx.xx network and almost all OSes now support it... its a matter
of getting the ham community to use it, probably still encapsulated in AX25
for legal ID (like I was doing 10 years ago).  It is the higher bandwidth
that will make it more popular like using Icom's D-STAR system or 802.11a/b
equipment.

John