[Xastir] Do I need Gnome or KDE?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 1 01:47:48 EST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Jacob Tennant wrote:

> Since I am new to Linux I was wondering if I need KDE or Gnome to run Xastir
> as well as most other linux-based ham radio software?

I'm probably the oddball of the group:  I run FVWM2.  It's fast/
efficient and relatively bug-free.  KDE and Gnome seem to take too
much in the way of resources for me.  The nice thing is, you have a
large variety of choices as to which window manager to run.  Try them
all and then decide which one to stick with.

> Since we are all running linux here, has anyone heard of a linux-based
> version of WSJT? for weak-signal meteor scatter?

Actually we have Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux, MacOSX, and Windows users
here.  Probably a good share of them are Linux users though.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer