[Xastir] Compiling with Mandrake 9.1

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 2 01:31:53 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, John L Place wrote:

> Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>
> >What does your link line during compiling look like?  It should have
> >"-L /usr/lib -lMagick" if it's to find the ImageMagick library.
> >

> Are you talking about adding this after the ./configure     ?

Sorry, I should have thought more about it.  You might be able to
force Xastir to compile in the ImageMagick stuff by hand-editing
the config.h file and forcing it to compile it in.  Then you'll
need to add the "-L /usr/lib -lMagick" portion to the link line,
which will probably be the next thing to fail on you.  That's the
big LONG line at the end of the make where all of the .o files are
combined together in order to create the Xastir executable.

The _correct_ way to fix this of course is to get with Jack or Chuck
and figure out why configure isn't happy about ImageMagick on your
system in the first place.

Since we're pushing for a "stable" release soon, this would be good
to fix somehow before we get there.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer