[Xastir] Xastir RPM's

Olivier Calle olivier-n7tap at calle.org
Wed Apr 2 15:52:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, gvantass at interaccess.com wrote:
> That being said, and admiting that I don't know if this is available
> for anything but SuSE, there is a SWEET application called "checkconfig"
> (or chkconfig... Can't recall off the top of my head) that I have used
> in the past to create RPMs specific to my system to aid in easy removal
> at a later date.

I believe you're thinking of checkinstall.  I use that all the time on my
Slackware systems to build a package which would then be removable.
I'm pretty sure it can build various types of packages.  The way I
normally use it is simply replace the "make install" line with
"checkinstall" (or "sudo checkinstall") and it defaults to calling "make
install".

--
Olivier Calle

internet: <olivier at calle.org>
work tel: 425-446-5088    home tel: 360-658-2692     To err is human,
callsign: N7TAP, class: Extra                        to really foul up
job:      Fluke Networks, Sr. Software Engineer      requires the root
WWW Page URL: http://calle.org/olivier/              password...
Psalm 48:14                        SPU Electrical Engineering Graduate