[Xastir] Xastir RPM's

carl at stagecraft.cx carl at stagecraft.cx
Thu Apr 3 02:14:39 EST 2003

Quoting "Curt Mills, WE7U" <hacker at tc.fluke.com>:

> It'd be nice if it included Shapelib as well, since that's necessary
> for the weather alert stuff.  I guess that's a U.S.-only feature
> though, so perhaps it's not as important to the wider crowd.  If any

I use the shapelib map of the world that gets pointed to from the xastir web
site and have a number of Australian shapelib files downloaded from an Aus gov
site with political boundries, roads, rivers, cities etc.  Very useful.

> > FreeBSD is another
> > issue however, it's been awhile since I've done anything with ports, but
> > if someone out there is willing to put in the time I can get it posted.
> > I have a cvsoup mirror here as well.

> How many FreeBSD users do we have anyway?  Just one very vocal one?

:)  There seem to be a few of us.  Once the "stable" version of 1.1.4 is
released I'll have a go at creating a FreeBSD port of it.  FreeBSD already has
Shapelib and ImageMagick in ports.

Carl.