[Xastir] Xastir RPM's

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Apr 2 14:07:35 EST 2003

On 2 Apr 2003, Chuck Byam wrote:

> I have a working rpm.spec file that I'll post as soon as we get close to
> a "stable" version.  At present it only depends on ImageMagick so it
> should get a user up and going with minimal fuss.

It'd be nice if it included Shapelib as well, since that's necessary
for the weather alert stuff.  I guess that's a U.S.-only feature
though, so perhaps it's not as important to the wider crowd.  If any
of the Linux distributions start adding Shapelib to the CD's, it'd
be nice to have the Xastir package automatically use it.  Not sure
whether the licensing of Shapelib allows distribution or not.

> FreeBSD is another
> issue however, it's been awhile since I've done anything with ports, but
> if someone out there is willing to put in the time I can get it posted.
> I have a cvsoup mirror here as well.

How many FreeBSD users do we have anyway?  Just one very vocal one?
;-)

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin