[Xastir] xastir & windows

Ian Haver g6vey at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 5 14:30:27 EST 2003

Hey call me Selfish

However Xastir is a perfect *nix software, why are we giving Billy Boy
Gates something else to bite his teeth into??

Even the xastir web site lists Windows first.

"Xastir currently runs on Windows/MacOSX/Linux" etc etc

As a linux user it was nice having something over windows and now we are
giving it to them again.

We see it with Apache, we see it with Gimp, we see it with Squid proxy
and others and now we seeing it in our true love
xastir software.

The phrase most widely used, use to be:
"windows created it but linux does it better"

now its
"linux created it, but hey forget that, lets port it to windows"

people keep asking me why i prefer to run linux over windows.

As a radio ham, i am running out of excuses, anything i can run they can
as well.

Has Linux got a future, maybe something for another list group perhaps. !

Just my thoughts.

Regards

Ian