[Xastir] geotiff support

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 5 14:26:02 EST 2003

On 5 Apr 2003, Cranz Nichols wrote:

> This morning I attempted to install geotiff support on my RH8.0
> machine.  I tried to follow the instructions in the 2003/03/27
> README.1ST and then grabbed the latest CVS version.
>
> Now Xastir dies with the following error:
>
> [1] 25597
> xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.0: cannot open
>
> Any ideas as to what I did (or am doing) wrong?

More than likely you have to make sure that the directory libproj.so
resides in gets included in /etc/ld.so.conf and that you run "ldconf"
as root.

The error message is telling you that the "ld" dynamic loader cannot
link the Xastir executable dynamically with the libproj library at
runtime.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer