[Xastir] XASTIR as InternetGatwWay - How to configure ?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 6 03:03:36 EDT 2003

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Lukas DO7VLR wrote:

> I want my Xastir 1.1.3 to act as an Igate. It runs under SuSE LinuX 8.1 and
> KDE3.0 . I have added an Internet Server Interface in the interface list and
> it works ok. But how do I tell Xastir to send the recived data out on the air
> via my AX.25 port? (I already have activated "RF->Internet and Internet->RF"
> in the AX.25 interface and in the Internet Server interface). Is there a file
> where to add country prefixes, as DL*, DB* and so on to tell Xastir to send
> out only callsigns starting with DL or DB ? Actually my Xastir doesn't send
> out anything comming from the internet.

As written, Xastir will only send out NWS (National Weather Service)
messages and APRS messages between stations.

The NWS messages won't help you much in the country you're in.  You
have to configure it to send those out on RF anyway.

The APRS messaging though _is_ useful.  Xastir will send messages
out on RF if it has heard a station during the last hour on RF and
the message come in over the internet.  It'll also gate messages
from RF -> Internet if you have things set properly.

Xastir won't send posits from the internet -> RF or any other APRS
traffic.

Make sense?

Also:  Consider upgrading to Xastir 1.1.4.  There have been a lot of
improvements and bug fixes.  CVS version of Xastir is even better.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer