[Xastir] new user -- interface with AGW packet engine?

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Sun Apr 6 18:07:13 EDT 2003

Curt, that's great.  I will try to do this today.  I have the detailed download instructions so that will help.

It just so happens that i can't use transmit functionality -- yet -- because keying the PTT via LPT1 isn't working in AGWPE yet, at least not for Windows XP users (not sure about other versions of Windows).  There has been a discussion of this (3/17/03) on the SV2AGW at groups.yahoo.com group and i am currently trying to track down the answers if any.

Apparently with XP (ME? 2000? NT? don't know) the pins 2-8 on LPT1 (other pins, don't know) are HIGH when you turn on the machine, and the AGWPE isn't controlling them.  At worst, if the author doesn't have a solution, i'll have to buy the SignaLink VOX PTT interface since it's more than i would want to build from parts.

Orrin WN1Z in Susanville CA.  I got rid of the "Dwarvish Oakenshield" thing -- that was from when i wasn't using this email account for anything serious.