[Xastir] cvs update

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Wed Apr 9 20:58:14 EDT 2003

I went ahead and downloaded using the command:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir co xastir

because, as i've related before, cvs update doesn't work for me (won't run).

I then went to the directory the files downloaded to, did
./bootstrap.sh, and then ./configure.  After a few lines of
output, I got the error message:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables.  See config.log for more details.

So now i can't even compile.  I'm wondering if I should uninstall Cygwin and download it again and reinstall it.  Or what.  I am just not up to learning how to configure gcc at this point, unless it's something simple.

If i want to totally uninstall and get rid of Cygwin, (then start afresh), that should be done online, right?   Not sure.  Cygwin does not appear in XP's list of Install/Uninstall programs.

Today myself and a buddy spent a couple hours trying to get KDE for Cygwin to run on my machine, to no avail, and we may have screwed things up royally.  Advice?

Orrin WN1Z