[Xastir] More fun with shapefiles

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 12 23:09:24 EDT 2003

On 11 Apr 2003, Gerry Wheeler wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 11:45, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> > Red X's with number eh?  Try to figure out which layer is doing
> > that.  It may be a layer that we haven't implemented specific code
> > for.
>
> I have noticed that recently, too. I didn't make any changes to my maps
> that I recall -- it just started showing up when I updated to a newer
> version.
>
> That was at home, where I have a newer version than here at the office,
> but where I haven't been running Xastir much lately. If I get a second
> this weekend I'll experiment with the layers to see where it's coming
> from.

It might have been the changes that I did a while back to support the
GPSMan GPS download shapefiles (waypoints/routes/tracks) a while
back.  Again, there's no support built-in for the Tiger map layer
that is showing up that way.  Just disable those files in the Map
Chooser and the red X's and numbers will go away.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer