[Xastir] Spanish updates/proofreading

Olivier Calle olivier-n7tap at calle.org
Tue Apr 15 13:12:11 EDT 2003

On 15 Apr 2003, Jose R. Marte A. wrote:
> Hello Oliver,
> Ok the problem that I see maybe in the accents is of my installation
> of RedHat 8.0, but that just it happens with xastir I have my
> installation in spanish with support of the Spanish language only
>
> Some words not all produce me this effect, for example
> in the area of information of the station
> the lines WPUPSTI008--012
> Ultima vez via xx xx xx etc.
> Just I see this: 0Ultima vez v
>
> In the line WPUPSTI024| Datos de la Estacion Meteorologica
> and in the line WPUPSTI033|Presion Barometrica
>
> I see this in those lines
> WPUPST024 Datos de la estaci
> WPUPSTI033 Presi
>
> This problem sees it since I am using versions of RedHat
> from 7.2 to 8.0 with the same result.
>
> NOTE: this problem isn't inside the file
>       this is when I make a click over Station Icon
>       and I read the info of that station
>
> 73's Jose (hi8gn)

Hola Jose,

I put an accent back on "Datos de la Estación Meteo..." and the Station
Info dialog displayed it correctly.  (It also worked on Curt's system.)

I have a guess at what the problem could be.  The emails you have sent
are in the UTF-8 character set.  It may be that your whole login
environment is setup to use that character set (Unicode) and Motif or
Lesstif are having trouble with the ISO-8859-1 accents in the strings.

If this sounds like your setup, could you try and switch to ISO-8859-1 and
put accents back into the language file to test it on your system.

If that fixes things up, could you send me or Curt an updated file with
the accents put back.

Gracias,

PS: Entendiste me pregunta sobre "raster maps"?

--
Olivier Calle

internet: <olivier at calle.org>
work tel: 425-446-5088    home tel: 360-658-2692     To err is human,
callsign: N7TAP, class: Extra                        to really foul up
job:      Fluke Networks, Sr. Software Engineer      requires the root
WWW Page URL: http://calle.org/olivier/              password...
Psalm 48:14                        SPU Electrical Engineering Graduate