[Xastir] Problem w/ Landolt TNC2

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Apr 18 12:25:42 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Sven Fichtner wrote:

> According to the RTFM module of TF2.7b it is possible to switch the TNC
> into KISS mode with ESC @K, which I did w/ minicom. Thereafter I started
> xastir and started a serial KISS TNC. It worked but seems to be very
> unstable. After receiving the positions of 4 other stations xastir
> seemed to stop interpret the signals coming from the TNC. The TNC could
> still decode received packets but except for time stamps nothing else
> was written to tnc.log..

We don't use CRC-KISS or any of the other modified KISS formats,
just plain, generic KISS.  It's possible that TF2.7b cannot do that
particular KISS format.

You could always set up AX.25 kernel networking with that TNC in
KISS mode, get that working properly, then start up an AX.25 KISS
interface in Xastir.  That should work, assuming the "mkiss" module
in Linux can do your KISS format for TF2.7b.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin