[Xastir] Problem w/ Landolt TNC2

Sven Fichtner sven at hannover.ccc.de
Fri Apr 18 13:09:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:25:42 -0700 (PDT) "Curt Mills, WE7U"
<hacker at tc.fluke.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Sven Fichtner wrote:
>
> > According to the RTFM module of TF2.7b it is possible to switch the
> > TNC into KISS mode with ESC @K, which I did w/ minicom. Thereafter I
> > started xastir and started a serial KISS TNC. It worked but seems to
> > be very unstable. After receiving the positions of 4 other stations
> > xastir seemed to stop interpret the signals coming from the TNC. The
> > TNC could still decode received packets but except for time stamps
> > nothing else was written to tnc.log..
>
> We don't use CRC-KISS or any of the other modified KISS formats,
> just plain, generic KISS.  It's possible that TF2.7b cannot do that
> particular KISS format.

yep...TF2.7b can't handle plain KISSes. Anyways, it's working and it
shall only work for one weekend. I will probably never use APRS again
after sunday.. :)

> You could always set up AX.25 kernel networking with that TNC in

Yep, that would be possible. But I left my notebook in my car and am too
lazy right now to move. ;))

73s,
Sven
--