[Xastir] ImageMagick and ./configure

vic ke4lkq at shentel.net
Fri Apr 25 19:40:39 EDT 2003

This is strange......
I cannot get imagemagick to work with xastir
Tried 4 different age or versions of (imagemagick and imagemagick-devel)
packages and also from source tgz's.

That is bad enough, BUT what is much worse, having ax25 compiled from sources,
( libs, tools, apps) and installed and working great,,,,when running
./configure on xastir the executable "ImageMagick-config" in /usr/bin somehow
interfers with configure, or the other way around and blows out the ax25
stuff.

In other words ,  when ./configure finds ImageMagick-config file and says
"yes",,, in the next few lines ./configure says ax25_config_load_ports in
-Lax25... no !!!!

remove, rename, make unexecutable the file ImageMagick-config and not do
anything else to any file in the system, then  ax25_config_load_ports in
-Lax25... yes   ax25 then works in the compiled version. otherwise ax25 is'nt
even compiled into xastir..

This is 100% reproducable on my system ....

Running  Mandrake 9.0

Anybody have any hints to both problems???

Also on the processer usage, it's in the main thread, as far as I can tell and
the internet links is 52k dialup with the map zoomed in to where the 10 mile
range marker shows up....

Victor