[Xastir] Problem

Chris Williamson chriswilliamson at neo.tamu.edu
Mon Apr 28 23:10:16 EDT 2003

I am trying to install the 1.1.4 version of Xastir and I am getting the
following error:

Making user /home/chris/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file
Couldn't open file: /home/chris/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for DEAD_RECKONING_TIMEOUT
in confi
g file, changing to 600
Error creating database link

The "error creating database link" only occurs where I placed it above
which is at the end of everything that happens after I type "Xastir &".
Nothing else happens and it just reverts back to the command prompt.
This isn't they only error message it gives, it is just the last one as
the others are very similar to this one.

Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?  Also, be advised I know
next to nothing about Linux as I just installed it a week ago and
haven't learned much since.

I am using Mandrake 9.1 and used both the April 1st and 15th versions of
the 1.1.4 release.

Chris Williamson, KD5SYI