[Xastir] Problem

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 28 23:14:27 EDT 2003

On 28 Apr 2003, Chris Williamson wrote:

> The "error creating database link" only occurs where I placed it above
> which is at the end of everything that happens after I type "Xastir &".
> Nothing else happens and it just reverts back to the command prompt.
> This isn't they only error message it gives, it is just the last one as
> the others are very similar to this one.
>
> Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?  Also, be advised I know
> next to nothing about Linux as I just installed it a week ago and
> haven't learned much since.

What do you get if you type "df" at a command prompt?  What I'm
wondering is if you perhaps left logging turned on and filled up your
hard drive.  If so, go into ~/.xastir/logs and start deleting away.
If your xastir.cnf file got corrupted due to this, just delete it and
start up xastir again.  It'll create a new one with good defaults,
then just set up your special configuration options again.

If your hard drive's not full, it could be a permissions problem
for files or directories in your ~/.xastir directory.

Just the first two guesses...

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer