[Xastir] Stations not displaying..

Rich Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 28 23:45:19 EDT 2003

Well I fiddled a bit and actually got some stuff working on Red Hat for
the first time. I started off installing support for DVD and that is
working fine, then I tried my hand at Xastir and it actually was not
that bad.

So I got Xastir working somewhat. I opened up a Internet connection to
the Florida server and I see a page of stations when I look at incoming
packet data, none of them display. I do not have any maps yet but I am
doing this one step at a time. The only station on the grid is mine and
the incoming data has stopped. I have disabled TX support just in case
but I am assuming that my validation number that I use on UI-View will
also work for Xastir.

Once I get this working I hope to attack ImageMagik and once I have that
working on the Internet I will try to get a serial cable over to the TNC
and try it on the air.

Any idea why I would only get one page of stations and nothing on the
screen.

Rich K4GPS