[Xastir] ImageMagick Problem

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Apr 29 12:18:02 EDT 2003

On 29 Apr 2003, Chris Williamson wrote:

> I am having a problem with ImageMagick.  Mandrake came with
> ImageMagick-5.4.4 but didn't have or offer the ImageMagick-devel file so
> I upgraded to 5.5.6 and installed the devel package as well.  This is
> the error message received:
> 	checking for Magick-config... yes
> 	checking magick/api.h usability... yes
> 	checking magick/api.h presence... yes
> 	checking for magick/api.h... yes
> 	checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
> 	configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
> 	Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***
> The /etc/ld.so.conf file has /usr/x11r6/lib and /usr/lib/qt3/lib in it
> and I added /usr/lib and nothing changed.  After I added it, I ran
> /sbin/ldconfig and am still unable to produce the desired results.

ldconfig should only affect the run-time linker/loader, and not
"configure", right Chuck/Jack?  In other words, if you compiled a
library in and then actually try to run xastir and it chokes because
it can't find a library, that's when you mess with /etc/ld.so.conf
and then run ldconfig.

It's possible that "configure" needs to be tweaked to look in
another path for it on Mandrake.  Just where are your libMagick
libraries located?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin